International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
Cait's blog

Cooking with the Chef

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hey! Today was so much fun! we went to the food market and I held live crab and was so scared it was going to bite me .. After we walked around the food market we arrived at a really nice restaurant and got to cook with a famous chef and were given chef outfits! I even cut the chicken when we were preparing the food! My mom would be so proud! Then we mixed all the ingredients and the chef cooked it in a way I have never seen and it was so exciting to watch there was a huge pot with fire , it was something I'd never see back home! Then we made dumplings in different shapes and even tried to make one in the shape of a heart! The experience was so much fun and I can't wait to show everyone my cooking skills when I get home! Right after cooking we visited the birds nest and the water cube and it was by far the best experiences ever. I will never forget it. It was so amazing to see the pool that michael phelps swam in and actually be on the fields of the birds nest! I am so happy that I am lucky enough to experience everything so far and I am so excited for the rest of the trip. I am super excited for the dragon boat racing tomorrow and to camp on the great wall:)!

2 comments:

Karen Wells said...

Dragon boat racing and camping on the Great Wall ... sure wish I was there. I'm glad you're enjoying every minute. It goes so fast. Karen Wells DSA South Africa

RJ Stangherlin said...

Nothing beats interactive cooking in China. I am catching up on reading blogs today, so I can hardly wait to hear your account of dragon boat racing. How cool.

RJ Stangherlin
PA DEN Leadership Council Blog Coordinator

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 15 days
When August 4th - 18th, 2009
Focus History/Culture
Martial Arts
Modern/Ancient Architecture